Acts, not words, are what we need.
Her first act was to shut the door.
My first act was to run into the waiting room.
The act was committed with savage brutality.
The simple act of telling someone about a problem can help.
Sometimes just the act of writing down the problems straightens out your thinking.
How ought I to act?我该怎么办呢?
I can't act that way.
Now at last Simon acted.
Think carefully before you act.
Don't act the ass.
Stop acting virtue!不要总是摆出一副道貌岸然的样子。
He's always acting the experienced man who has seen everything.
He acted the gentleman and slept in the armchair.
The people we met looked and acted happy, pleased with life.
She acted calm although she was very worried.
Don't act so stupid.
Sometimes she acts young for her age.
He acted surprised and overjoyed.
He acts as if that he was ill.
He acted as if he'd never seen me before.
Just act as if nothing's happened.
In the evening they acted a play which Joe had written and a few friends came to see it.
She acts her part well.
She is acting the role of Juliet她演朱丽叶这一角色。
The boy is going to act the part of messenger in the play.
1. He wants to act in concert with other nations.
2. Politicians across the political spectrum have denounced the act.
3. It was imperative that he act as naturally as possible.
4. There are many people who still find the act of abortion abhorrent.
5. A patient will usually listen to the doctor'sadvice and act on it.
6. Every person stood to applaud his unforgettable act of courage.